Monday, January 5, 2015

005

"SEPARATION ANXIETY"

Same shit, different year, AM I RIGHT?! We have fun here. Anyway, I am the last person on this toilet of a planet to show you how a painting gets made (hint: it involves paint!) but I will do it anyway. For the children!

The subject: Ireland's own FINN BALOR! Formally known as PRINCE DEVITT in the white hot New-Japan Pro-Wrestling company and currently making a reeeeeeal impression on the NXT wraslin' show (NXT being the brand within WWE where they keep all the really good wrestling hidden from you! WHAM!)
Before leaving for the promised land of The Fed he was a founding member of the popular BULLET CLUB during his time in New-Japan. And if you ask me the BC hasn't been cool since he left. They sell a lot of t-shirts so they got me there (Also an effective form of birth control! Order now!).

Moving on! I wanted to paint a two-in-one kind of thing so I picked a couple of photos and pencil them into position.

Next I just kind of stare at the original photos as I use some really old water color palettes to replicate all the textures as faithfully as I can. Also listening to his entrance theme repeatedly helps the overall mood!




Just like your everyday life and the world in general; you have zero control over anything! Which is why I don't stress over capturing Alex Ross levels of detail. I do what I do, then tag the brush in and let it do what it wants until it is time to tag back in and hit my finisher: Sprinkle-y bullshit!


And there you have it! As an added bonus the actual wrestler will fave it! Awesome. Buy his shirt!


Enjoy this clip of Finn Balor in his war paint in action!


NEXT TIME: The triumphant return of SPACE SHARK?!?! Possibly more wrestling! Music, maybe? AND; somebody will most assuredly DIE (but don't hold your breath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment